Two day course
Many supervisors and team leaders are often promoted from within. This can lead to a variety of challenges, such as: learning to supervise their “friends”, delegating tasks to others, not being sure what their role fully entails & what leadership qualities they have to utilise in order to lead the team effectively.
This practical and interactive 2 day course will allow supervisors to gain confidence and key supervisory skills that can be easily implemented back into their own workplace.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Confidently supervise and lead their work colleagues
- Create a higher team moral
- Understand what part a supervisor has to play in the organisation
- Delegate tasks in the right way to others
- Communicate at a higher level
- Learn to motivate teams rather than individuals
- Understand different team members types
- Share their new knowledge with others in the workplace
- Motivate their team to achieve business success
- Clarifying the role of the supervisor – what they should be doing!
- Internal team relationships
- How to communicate up and down the management chain
- The “right” way to delegate to others
- Team Member Types
- Stages of team formation
- Team working – The importance of team members and how to manage them
- Motivation styles
- How to manage “friends” and colleagues
- Useful and practical exercises
- Discussion scenarios
Team and individual task exercises:
- Understanding internal relationships
- A range of self assessment questionnaires linked to the core content
- Communication task – The Questions
- Delegation – How to Plan/Organise/Motivate/Control
- Delegation scenario – Team discussion
- The qualities and traits of an exceptional supervisor
- Leading high performances – Team discussion
- Listening exercise
- Motivational scenario – Team discussion
- Motivation styles – Understanding their own and how to manage other styles
- Team activity: Designing and building a free standing bottle holder
- Delegate action plan – what are they going to use in their day to day role
Comprehensive delegate handout packs, containing practical and well written theory.
Two day course. Please note this course can also be delivered in-house throughout the U.K*.
£650.00 per delegate. This includes all course materials, attendance certificate, lunch and refreshments.
*We limit all our open courses to a maximum of 10 delegates allowing us to “care” for each one.