One Day Course
This course explores the relevant skills, strategies and tactics that a skilled negotiator needs in a modern business environment. It offers practical guidelines on the skills and techniques needed to achieve a “win-win” outcome and will prove beneficial to any negotiation situation.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Achieve “win-win” situations
- Be better prepared to negotiate
- Appreciate the business benefits of successful negotiation
- Close the negotiation successfully
- Be more assertive in difficult situations
- Secure “better” business deals
- Clearly defining negotiation, when we negotiate and how often
- Core negotiation skills required
- Conducting a negotiation
- Benefits & costs
- The process
- Preparation is key
- Positions – Ideal/Realistic/Minimum
- Prioritising your objectives
- Assessing your opposition
- Listening skills
- Methods of closure
- Hints and tips
- Practise, Practise, Practise...
Team and individual task exercises:
- Extensive group negotiation scenario – Company vs. workforce positions, Special grants committee
- How to persuade and influence your partner
- Persuading your partner
- Preparation discussion
- Setting priorities group task
- Listening exercise
- Benefits and cost of negotiation
- Delegate action plan – what are they going to use in their day to day role
Comprehensive delegate handout packs, containing practical and well written theory.
One day course. Please note this course can also be delivered in-house throughout the U.K*.
£325.00 per delegate. This includes all course materials, attendance certificate, lunch and refreshments.
*We limit all our open courses to a maximum of 10 delegates allowing us to “care” for each one.