One Day Course
In today’s business climate it is imperative that we use well written communication. By using well-constructed and professionally written reports, proposals, memos and emails it can help you influence others and win “new” business. This course will assist delegates in achieving a higher standard of writing.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Plan and structure business reports
- Prepare action plans using the S.M.A.R.T model
- Communicate more effectively using professional writing skills
- Adapt the right tone and style which will appeal to different audiences
- Put the “message” across more effectively
- The importance of professional business writing
- Knowing your audience – build rapport
- The purpose of the correspondence
- Planning & writing process
- Knowing the purpose
- What to avoid
- How should a letter/email/memo look
- How to start & stop
- Helpful formats
- A lot of hints & tips
Team and individual task exercises:
- Benefits and costs of writing professionally written documents
- Knowing your audience and how to write to them specifically
- Know your purpose
- How to revise and edit a document
- Word substitutes
- Benefits and cost of using email
- Comma use - when and how to use commas
- Writing different styles of letters/emails – Direct, Informative, Persuasive
- Delegate action plan – what are they going to use in their day to day role
Comprehensive delegate handout packs, containing practical and well written theory.
One day course. Please note this course can also be delivered in-house throughout the U.K*.
£325.00 per delegate. This includes all course materials, attendance certificate, lunch and refreshments.
*We limit all our open courses to a maximum of 10 delegates allowing us to “care” for each one.