One Day Course
Being a successful manager also means that at times you will have to deal with difficult issues in the correct manner and following the right procedure. This session covers the basic ACAS code of practise discipline recommendations. Through discussion we review different scenarios and agree the best way to handle them effectively. We learn how to handle formal and informal discipline & grievance interviews.
We also review poor performance and poor conduct issues, persistent absenteeism and long term illness.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand discipline & grievance best business practise
- Interview on discipline & grievance issues correctly
- Manage performance after discipline & grievance issues
- Reduce absenteeism within the workplace
- Questions – What is discipline and grievance?
- What is discipline for? Why a company has policies in place
- Knowing your own procedures
- Features of disciplinary procedures
- The discipline process
- The discipline and grievance follow up plan
- The grievance process and interview
- Group tasks and scenarios
Team and individual task exercises:
- The benefits and costs of having a discipline & grievance policy
- Asking the group to clarify what is discipline and grievance? and why they need to action differently
- Consistency and fairness group role play
- Question sheet reviewing their own companies policy
- Discipline role play
- Grievance role play
- Practice scenarios and discussions
- Delegate action plan – what are they going to use in their day to day role
Comprehensive delegate handout packs, containing practical and well written theory.
One day course. Please note this course can also be delivered in-house throughout the U.K*.
£325.00 per delegate. This includes all course materials, attendance certificate, lunch and refreshments.
* We limit all our open courses to a maximum of 10 delegates allowing us to “care” for each one.