One Day Course
Having the ability to communicate up and down is a vital ingredient in today’s business environment. Communicating effectively especially with instructions and tasks can result in team members getting it right first time. If you do not communicate in a clear manner then people can go off on a tangent, mistakes can be made and importantly this may have an impact on your clients end product or service.
Listening to others gives them a feeling of being valued, interested in and therefore helps with their motivation levels. When we don’t do this the opposite happens, they don’t feel valued and may also be less inclined to offer suggestions and opinions in the future.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Communicate more professionally and effectively
- Use listening techniques and tools
- Ask the right questions to check understanding
- Prepare professional emails, letters and memos
- Communicate over the telephone in a more relevant manner
- What is a skilled communicator?
- Benefits & costs of effective communication
- The emotion that good and bad communication creates in the workplace
- Various methods of communication
- Listening skills
- Questioning skills
- Communication issues
- Group and individual tasks
- Hints & tips
- Action plans
Team and individual task exercises:
- What is communication and how do they do it?
- Self assessment communication questionnaire - giving an instant score on where they are at the moment
- The listening exercise
- Using positive words
- Personal communication preferences
- Your company’s communication and what can be improved upon
- Three areas that you would like to improve upon, with discussions and action plans
- Asking the "right" questions
- Group task: listening for real accuracy
- Delegate action plan – what are they going to use in their day to day role
Comprehensive delegate handout packs, containing practical and well written theory.
One day course – contact us NOW for the next available dates, venue and availability*.
£325.00 per delegate. This includes all course materials, attendance certificate, lunch and refreshments.
*We limit all our open courses to a maximum of 10 delegates allowing us to “care” for each one.