One Day Course
Assertiveness is about effective and confident communication. Being able to ask for and get what you want in an open, honest and direct way is a core skill whatever your job entails. This course will also give you the skills and confidence to explain and ultimately persuade and influence others.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand and overcome the barriers to being assertive
- Recognise certain behaviour traits in themselves and others and learn to deal with them
- Take control of and manage difficult situations
- Listen to and communicate effectively with different people to achieve a win-win situation
- Recognise the interpersonal needs of others
- Be able to build trust with different people
- Solve important communication challenges
- Achieve results quicker
- What do you really want from today’s session
- Detailed descriptions of Assertive/Submissive/Aggressive behaviour
- Using positive language
- Direct communication
- Understanding NO and saying NO more often
- How to influence and persuade others, in a positive and motivating manner. Resulting in a win v win outcome
- Being adult and positive in your behaviour everyday
- Discussion exercises
- Being more confident in the workplace
Team and individual task exercises:
- Discussing and detailing behaviours (Assertive/Submissive/Aggressive)
- Generating their "own" behaviours sheet and understanding what they have to change
- Their basic rights action plan. What have they lost control over?
- Two discussion topics – this will allow delegates to display different behaviours.
- Delegate feedback sheets
- Using assertive self-expression scenarios
- Influencing questionnaire - giving an instant score on where they are at the moment
- Delegate action plan – what are they going to use in their day to day role
Comprehensive delegate handout packs, containing practical and well written theory.
One day course. Please note this course can also be delivered in-house throughout the U.K*.
£325.00 per delegate. This includes all course materials, attendance certificate, lunch and refreshments.
*We limit all our open courses to a maximum of 10 delegates allowing us to “care” for each one.