One Day Course
Appraising others is an integral part of any supervisor or managers remit. It is a powerful tool for motivating, reviewing, retaining and developing employees. However the words “It’s your annual appraisal” seem to provoke feelings of anxiety in management and staff alike. This course develops skills and understanding of the performance appraisal system and the appraisal meeting.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the relevant part an appraisal will play in assisting the business achieve objectives
- Prepare more effectively for an appraisal interview
- Set realistic targets for team members to achieve
- Manage their performance against targets
- Put themselves and employees at ease, during their appraisal
- Give praise and constructive criticism better
- Appraisal benefits – why bother?!
- What is performance management
- Company hierarchy chart
- Performance management cycle
- Preparing for an appraisal
- Conducting successful appraisals
- Following an appraisal interview structure
- Setting objectives
- Follow up and manage objectives
- Appraisal scenarios
- Appraisal forms and guides
- Hints & tips
Team and individual task exercises:
- Benefits and costs of appraising staff
- Appraisal skills puzzle
- What is an appraisal? – What is performance management? and how to manage your team every day
- What are their current work objectives, are they accurate?
- Setting S.M.A.R.T objectives
- Employee appraisal concerns
- Appraisal group discussion task
- Comprehensive appraisal form templates
- Comprehensive appraisal scenarios. Including: A new team member, Do not work well with others, Long term matriarch of the team
- Delegate action plan – what are they going to use in their day to day role
Comprehensive delegate handout packs, containing practical and well written theory.
One day course. Please note this course can also be delivered in-house throughout the U.K*.
£325.00 per delegate. This includes all course materials, attendance certificate, lunch and refreshments.
*We limit all our open courses to a maximum of 10 delegates allowing us to “care” for each one.